Terms of Service
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF RULES WHICH HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO HELP CREATE THE SAFEST ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE FOR OUR PATIENTS. THESE RULES MUST ALWAYS BE ADHERED TO BY ALL PATIENTS. THE MOMENT YOU CONNECT TO THE PATIENT PORTAL NETWORK, YOU ARE AGREEING TO FOLLOW EACH AND EVERY GUIDELINE LISTED BELOW:
This network is run by a private organization which reserves the right to censor, remove and ban any individuals that do not uphold all rules and regulations that have been agreed upon and listed. The Patient Portal Forum is watched and moderated, therefore, any individual that is seen partaking in any of the following content during conversation may be banned from all contact with this network. For example, we discourage:
• Sexual Conversation
• Glorification of Alcohol/Drugs or Suicide
• Software Piracy
• Disrespectful discussion of another's Culture or Nationality
The list above is not exhaustive, but demonstrative. Moderators will act on other topics that are deemed inappropriate and out of context with the philosophy of Patient Portal.
ANY THREAT, DIRECT OR INDIRECT TO THIS WEBSITE, ITS OWNERS OR VOLUNTEERS, WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT BAN. WE WELCOME ALL REASONABLE AND MATURE SUGGESTIONS OR REQUESTS, BUT WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THREATS OR ABUSIVE REMARKS EITHER ON THE NETWORK ITSELF OR THROUGH ANY WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE TO THE SITE. THREATENING US WILL RESULT IN ANY AND ALL CORRESPONDENCE BEING IGNORED. NEITHER VOLUNTEER OR ADMINISTRATOR WILL TOLERATE ABUSE OR HATEFUL COMMENTARY OF ANY KIND.
GENERAL GUIDE, SUGGESTIONS AND RULES
We urge you not to share any personal information and are not responsible for any type of harm caused due to sharing things such as, personal e-mail, telephone number and street address. Although most people on the site are here for help and support, there may be untrustworthy people out there who may not have the best intentions. Please proceed with caution.
• Foul language. Please refrain from using swear words, even in a disguised form. Less offensive curse words will be tolerated, but with discretion and only when deemed necessary by the moderators. Failing to adhere to this rule will result in a kick and possibly a ban.
• This health network is English speaking only. Any chatter that repeatedly uses other language(s) (especially with the intent of causing irritation to others), will be kicked and possibly be banned.
• Flooding and Spamming will not be tolerated. This network's definition of flooding and spamming is overusing any word, letter, number or symbol with the sole intention of disrupting the flow the forum. Continued flooding and spamming can result in a permanent ban.
• The consistent use of CAPITAL letters is also discouraged. Using capital lettering infrequently to make a point is fine, but refrain from using capital letters as much as possible; this will prevent others from assuming that your attitude is hostile. Continued use following a warning may cause a permanent ban from this network.
• Unsolicited invitations to any other websites are also prohibited and will result in a permanent ban. No exceptions.
• Any action that results in the disruption of this network will be handled immediately and without leniency. You will be permanently banned. Disruptions include hateful and intentional actions which hinder the safety of other users, verbal abuse, spamming/flooding, any breaking of the above listed banned content, hostility, and not following the moderators (Operators/Ops) instructions. Along with a permanent ban, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will be contacted.
• Patient Portal not tolerate attempts to ban evade. If you are caught attempting to evade a ban, you may be exterminated from the entire network, a shun, server or network ban, or an extension of a server ban will ensue. If such behavior continues, your ISP will be alerted of your ill-intentioned behavior. THIS WILL BE SEVERLY ENFORCED. The safety of the Patient Portal community is our first and only priority.
• Attempts to steal passwords or to take over channels to serve your own personal goals will also not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban from the network.
• Any sort of illegal activity which takes place the Patient Portal Forum, for example, pirating or hacking, will result in the network calling your local law enforcement agency and giving them all useful information for prosecution, including all connection logs, all public conversation that has occurred on our chat network, your ISP's contact details and naturally your IP.
• Patient Portal encourages the use of creative and expressive nicknames, and only asks that they are not offensive or hateful, and that you continue to use the same nickname each time you visit. Changing nicknames prevents friendship and trust from occurring. Please refrain from using foul language as part of your nickname.
• Links to any other site for the purpose of advertising as opposed to helpful information will not be tolerated. It will result in a kick and possible ban from the entire network. DO NOT ADVERTISE – PERIOD.
• Harassment and abuse of Patient Portal Forum users will not be tolerated. Harassing or abusing anyone, including users, moderators, or any other staff will result in immediate action. Actions taken will include, kicking, banning or permanent expulsion from the network. The severity of the punishment will depend on the severity of the abuse.
• Impersonation of any Patient Portal Forum administrator or patient moderator will not be tolerated, and will result in a ban, either channel specific or network wide.
• We do not accept the use of any automated scripts or bots on the network.
Private Messaging is allowed and encouraged. The rules regarding private messaging are:
• You must first ask permission before you will be allowed to message anyone.
• If you accept any direct messaging, please proceed with caution. Private Messages are just that – private. They will not be moderated.
• When private messaging, please show respect at all times and do not advertise. It is highly likely the recipient of your private messages will report abuse to a moderator.
• Three complaints of private messaging abuse will result in a kick and possible permanent ban from the network.
Although abuse during a private message can be difficult to prove, certain actions must be taken if you intend to make a complaint against another user. You must keep a copy of the incident to show a moderator; this may or may not lead to the alleged abuser being banned.
It is expected that each patient of the Patient Portal Forum will make attempts to moderate their own environment before seeking a moderator or network administrator. It is suggested that if you have trouble with another user, you use the Ignore function.
Patient Portal will do all it can to protect you, but you must take efforts to protect yourself as well.
FORUM CATEGORIES SPECIFIC RULES
Any category may have additional rules and conditions than expressed in this document. If a category has additional rules you will be alerted of their existence when entering the forum.
IF YOU ARE BANNED
If you feel that you were banned from the network in error, please Contact Us directly. Please include the moderator who banned you, your nickname and a written record of the incident which caused the ban. Without that information, nothing can be done. Furthermore, if your correspondence includes hateful, disrespectful language, your communication will be ignored, and your ban will not be lifted.
The Patient Portal Forum privacy rights of its visitors and recognizes the extreme importance of protecting information. Accordingly, Patient Portal’s policy is to never disclose any information to a third party unless legally obliged.
Patient Portal takes no responsibility whatsoever for opinions expressed or actions taken by users. Patient Portal is not liable for how anyone reacts to any content found within this site, its chat rooms or any external links this website hosts.
All sections of this website are used by you (as the user), at your own risk and without liability to us (the provider), in any shape or form. Moreover, Patient Portal reserves the right to ban or remove any individual or individuals at will for any reason and at our discretion.
These Terms of Service can and will be changed at will without notice.
Patient Portal welcomes everyone over the age of EIGHTEEN for respectful and considerate conversation.
The services provided by Patient Portal Technologies, Inc. are designed to support, not replace any professional medical help you may currently be receiving.